Want to know what is going on in class? Want to stay on top of homework? Then students and parents need to join Remind. Remind is a free app that allows me, Mrs. Espeseth, to text homework and other important messages to you through your phone or email. It is free and safe. Just send a text to the number 81010. Then in the text box type the word @cesp3
Want your child to have a great school year? Then start with the basics. The following items are needed EVERYDAY for a student to do his/her best at school:
- Sleep. Check out this article on sleep. Sleep is incredibly important for a kid to be successful in school. I have seen students many times too tired to concentrate. It is crucial students and parents create a sleep schedule and STICK to it!
- A regular time and place to do homework. Homework is serious business. In some classes, homework can account for as much as 50% of a student’s grade. Be sure your student creates a routine to get homework done, EVERYDAY. And where ever that homework spot is make sure it is a quiet, TV and radio free zone.
- Help. Sussman offers so many different programs to help students who need it. Comment below or call me for all the places your student can get help before, during, or after the school day.
- A full stomach. Healthy Breakfasts and lunches are served at Sussman. Be sure your student does not skip meals. School is a lot of work and kids need all of the energy they can get.
- Three-way Communication with parent, student, and teacher. Working together we can achieve a lot.
Please feel free to email me for help or more ideas and suggestions! at email@example.com
Get more ideas here!