I was doing research on Socratic the other day when I found the app, MyScript Calculator. The app seems pretty cool. A person types math equations onto his/her phone’s screen, and it solves them. This sounds like a great way to check to see if a person’s math is correct. The bad part of this app is it does not show a person how to solve the equation. Photomath integrates camera support, but, again, that’s just math. WolframAlpha is unarguably a fantastic tool for quickly finding relevant answers and information. Compared to Socratic it’s not quite as simple, though, as it targets an older audience. One has to research the problem themselves in WolframAlpha, as opposed to just snapping a picture and seeing what comes up. I use WolframAlpha quite a lot, and I think that the benefits to the individual that come from research outweigh any potential convenience in an educational capacity, but that’s a matter of opinion.
I am pretty interested in this app. Check it out and comment below telling me what you think.
Having trouble doing your homework? Then I may have the app for you! It’s called Socratic. It was launched at the end of the last school year. But it has been around for almost a year, it used to be called Homework Genius. It seems like the app might be pretty cool. You simply take a picture of your homework, it presents information on the topic, and it provides you with answers.
But does it work? Yes and no.
I have read some reviews that state that the less writing that is on the worksheet the better it works. The review went on to say that it just did okay with math worksheets. One review thought it would work pretty well for Middle School students.
I am really excited for someone to check this out and give me their opinion of the app.
Check it out and then comment below what you think.
Socratic has been around for awhile now. It was under the name Homework Genius.
How it works: You take pictures of your homework, and the app tells you about the topic and provides answers.
I myself have never used it but it seems like it might be good. Comment below if you have used Socratic and if you have found it useful.
Want to know what is going on in class? Want to stay on top of homework? Then students and parents need to join Remind. Remind is a free app that allows me, Mrs. Espeseth, to text homework and other important messages to you through your phone or email. It is free and safe. Just send a text to the number 81010. Then in the text box type the word @cesp3
Want your child to have a great school year? Then start with the basics. The following items are needed EVERYDAY for a student to do his/her best at school:
- Sleep. Check out this article on sleep. Sleep is incredibly important for a kid to be successful in school. I have seen students many times too tired to concentrate. It is crucial students and parents create a sleep schedule and STICK to it!
- A regular time and place to do homework. Homework is serious business. In some classes, homework can account for as much as 50% of a student’s grade. Be sure your student creates a routine to get homework done, EVERYDAY. And where ever that homework spot is make sure it is a quiet, TV and radio free zone.
- Help. Sussman offers so many different programs to help students who need it. Comment below or call me for all the places your student can get help before, during, or after the school day.
- A full stomach. Healthy Breakfasts and lunches are served at Sussman. Be sure your student does not skip meals. School is a lot of work and kids need all of the energy they can get.
- Three-way Communication with parent, student, and teacher. Working together we can achieve a lot.
Please feel free to email me for help or more ideas and suggestions! at email@example.com
Get more ideas here!