Technique-binder checks, Cornell Notes, learning logs, etc. 30%
Participation-Grade checks, presentations, etc. 30%
Types of Assignments
Below are listed the types of assignments I give and how many points they are worth. When making up missing assignments a student would be wise to make-up the assignments worth the most points first.
Tutorials – 25 points
Essays – 20 points
Projects – 20 points
Binder Checks/Pioneer Passport Checks – 10 points
Cornell Notes- 5 points
Learning Logs- 5 points
Grade Checks-5 points
A = Outstanding Level of Performance (90-100%)
- Indicates that the pupil has done excellent work and has mastered the course and/or assignment objectives, consistently does excellent work with skill and thoroughness; and consistently has applied knowledge gained to new situations.
B = High Level of Performance (80-89%)
- Indicates that the pupil has done above average work, mastered almost all of the course and/or assignment objectives; and has applied knowledge gained to new situations.
C = Satisfactory Level of Performance (70-79%)
- Indicates that the pupil has done average work and has mastered many of the objectives of the course and/or assignment.
D = Needs Improvement in Performance (60-69%)
- Indicates that the pupil has done below average work and has mastered few of the objectives of the course and/or assignment.
F = Unsatisfactory Level of Performance (59% and below)
- Indicates that the pupil’s work fell below a level of acceptance for the course and/or assignment and was unsatisfactory.