Ever play the game M.A.S.H. when you were a kid? Play the grown-up version to find out how much money you need to make to live the lifestyle you dream about. Want to play M.A.S.H.? Click here.
So what did your salary come out to be? Mine was some crazy number like $300,000 dollars a year. Try this site for numbers that are a little bit more realistic.
Here is another site that gives a different opinion on what a typical budget for a person who lives in Los Angeles, California. Click here.
What if you decide to live somewhere else besides the Los Angeles area? Click here to compare where you want to live with Los Angeles.
How Much do you have to make to be considered rich in the United States? Click here.
Debt means a person spends more than they earn. Check out the top 25 reasons a person goes into debt by clicking here. Why would you go into debt?
Learning to be a good writer is one of the skills taught in AVID. But why exactly do we practice writing skills? The answer is writing will be used more than any other subject we learn in school no matter what profession we decide to have.
According to a study from CollegeBoard, businesses are spending as much as $3.1 billion on remedial writing training–annually. That’s because students completed school and did not learn how to write.
We need to practice writing and we need to practice it often not just to get good grades in school but also for our future jobs. Lucky for Sussman Middle School, our motto is “Write Here, Write Now”.
Showing character is a full-time job. At school, at home, where ever you are, whatever you do. If you are looking for ways to show off your good character read the questions below. How many yeses do you have?
- Do you stand up for your beliefs?
- Do you follow your conscience?
- Do you build and guard your reputation?
- Do you tell the truth?
- Do you keep your promises?
- Do you return what you borrow?
- Do you stand up for and protect your family, friends, school, and country?
- Do you keep a secret?
- Do you treat others the way you want to be treated?
- Do you value and honor all people?
- Do you take good care of property you are allowed to use?
- Do you listen to others and try to understand their points of view?
- Do you solve problems without anger and without violence?
- Do you use good manners?
- Do you accept responsibility for your actions?
- Do you think before you act?
- Do you do your best EVERY DAY?
- Are you prepared?
- Do you work hard?
- Do you take charge of your own life?
- Are you a positive person?
- Are you fair?
- Do you treat people equally?
- Are you open-minded?
- Are you kind, loving, and considerate?
- Are you thankful and express gratitude for what people do for you?
- Do you forgive others for their shortcomings?
- Do you help people in need?
- Do you care about and pursue the common good?
- Do you volunteer to help your school be better, cleaner, and safer?
- Do you protect the environment?
- Do you play by the rules?
- Do you obey your parents, teachers, and coaches?