I was reading an article entitled “7 Brain Hacks That Will Dramatically Improve Your Intelligence and Success” the other day on Flipboard and it got me thinking. This would be a great article to read if a person was looking to increase their studying ability. I have hit the highlights of the article below. At the bottom is a link to the entire article if you are interested.
- A person should learn information in 50-minute increments. Remember when we used to reset our OWL at school? That’s because a person’s brain shuts down from overload.
- Study the most important information first.
- Don’t multi-task, which means a person may not be able to listen and sing along to music. It definitely means that a person must put their phone away.
- Try new ways to memorize things.
- Ask the teacher or someone else that knows the material very well to explain it.
- Take notes. Research has found over and over that writing information will help a person learn it better.
- Be prepared to get frustrated or tired. AND KEEP GOING. It studying was easy we would all get As!
What do you think? Have any of the above worked for you? Comment below…