Another new semester another new start. Be sure you use each new semester to your advantage. Check out these tips to make Seventh grade a fabulous year!
1. Use your time wisely!
- Be sure to use your Pioneer Passport EVERYDAY! Don’t just write your homework also include projects, tests, field trips, practices, and any other commitments you do not want to forget.
- Be sure to review your Pioneer Passport everyday to be sure you know when assignments are due. The older you get the more assignments you will have. Getting in the habit of checking when items are due will make you a very successful person.
- Don’t wait to do assignments until the last minute, unexpected things come up.
2. Be Prepared to Work Hard!
- Some people think that the first few weeks of a semester is not important. That is not true. A student should work just as hard the first few weeks of school as the end. In fact, if you consistently work hard school would be easier and you would get better grades.
3. Talk to Your Counselor!
- Having trouble in a class? Is it too easy? Too hard? Is there someone in class that is bugging you? Do you sit next to someone you are going to talk to? Then tell your counselor. Your counselor is there to help you do well in school. If you need help ask for it.
4. Set a Goal!
- Find a reason to do well in school. Set a goal or find a roll model that will want you to work hard in school.
- Think about last semester. What would you have liked to have done differently? How could you have gotten better grades?
- Stay positive.
Identifying realistic and specific academic and personal goals can help motivate you. Try to remain positive, and acknowledge (and celebrate) each goal you meet. You deserve it!