I was reading a great article from Flipboard the other day about the 5 myths we have about learning. A really great article about a super important subject. Check out a bit of the article here and then be sure to read the entire article from the link at the end.
- We have set learning styles. In other words just because a person is a visual learner doesn’t mean a person can’t learn using their hearing or their hands.
- Rereading material over and over again is a good way to study. No way! It’s a good way to not engage with the information and put 0 effort into the work.
- Focus on one subject at a time.
- A person’s first answer is always the best answer. Not exactly. I myself can think of a million times I have thought about an answer and changed it because my initial thinking was false.
- The more hours you put into studying the better you will understand the material. See above. If a person is mindlessly reading or not engaging with the information nothing will be remembered. In fact, a person may just be wasting their time.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Comment below!